Friday, October 10, 2008

How to avoid the “Ooops”

I had the occasion a few days ago to take some open air bridal portraits of a wonderful woman, of whom her wedding I’ll be photographing in a few weeks.

As I am convinced that preperaton is key to a good night’s sleep I brought a variety of redundant equipment to the shoot. And I needed it.

All went well, except that my wireless flash trigger - the CyberSync trigger stopped working. I thought that it may have shorted, but I couldn’t open the transmitter case without damaging it. Having thought ahead, I hunted through my case and found not only a long cable to connect the studio flash to the camera, but also the camera adapter to make it work. It turned out that the transmitter just needed the battery removed and replaced, but the cable saved the day.

The moral of this story is to think through each shoot and bring enough equipment that you can bypass a disaster.

No comments: